Job Title: Facility Engineer
Number to Hire: 1
Job Type: Permanent
Years of Experience: 3-5 years
The Facility Engineer will be responsible for the following functions:
- Perform 1st line troubleshooting of faults involving the generators and other facilities
- Provisioning of power and installation of AC & DC equipment.
- Prepare accurate daily, weekly and Monthly reports.
- Ensuring that safety and health standards at work are adhered to
- Acts as the primary contact for all third party (facilities) related issues (emergencies and repairs)
- Ensure 100% availability of power and manage diesel supply and replenishment process in all MainOne POPs.
- Maintenance of all MainOne and third party POP facilities as well as service coordination and service providers’ management
- Carry out regular assessment of POP facilities to determine items that are due for replacement or repair and initiate appropriate action
- Work on shift basis under pressure and ability to manage with stress
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- BSC/HND in any relevant discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years in telecom facility operations & maintenance experience.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office tools.
- Facilities management.
- Project management.
- Excellent people skills.
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Contract/vendor management skills
- Good interpersonal relationship.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in working with AC and DC power systems.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
Demand on the Job
- Ability and willingness to work long hours and meet tight schedules.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure and ability to deal with stress.
- Willingness to take initiative and resolve problem.
- Ability to work with all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to be spontaneous and handle last minute tasks.
- Ability to work well independently within a fast paced, result oriented environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details.