The Head, Marketing & Customer Experience (HMCE) will oversee the development and implementation of effective strategies targeted at MainOne’s customer segments and requirements, to maximize market penetration, customer growth, and profitability. In particular, the HMCE will provide oversight for Product Development, Marketing Communications, Bids Management and Customer Experience.
The HMCE will be responsible for bridging the gap between the customer and the Company, ensuring that each touchpoint across the customer journey is engaging, efficient and effective, leading to increased customer satisfaction, loyalty and success. The HMCE will build strong relationships with customers by gathering customer feedback to gain insights into market requirements and improve the overall customer experience.
The role will also oversee the management and marketing of the Company’s products, the creation of high-quality, engaging content and the development and implementation of strategies to ensure a world-class customer experience, to be disseminated across various channels (digital and non-digital platforms) for existing and potential customers.
Specific responsibilities include:
(Product Management, Marketing Communications & Bids Management)
- Develop a detailed marketing strategy for the Company, including propositions for creating customer and Company value.
- Drive market and competitive analysis, including customer segmentation and penetration plans, and related product positioning.
- Oversee the design, development and implementation of marketing activities, campaigns and events, to enhance customer acquisition, increase the Company’s share of customer wallet and maximize revenue potentials.
- Develop clear, comprehensive and compelling product strategic plans and roadmaps.
- Oversee and take responsibility for product life cycle management.
- Oversee the creation of high-quality content and compelling stories that reflect the brand image and provides insightful thought leadership to various customer segments, including senior business decision makers.
- Design and establish style guidelines and standards for texts and illustrations to meet business needs.
- Maintain the corporate brand and ensure periodic brand presentation refresh.
- Develop and track budget performance, ROI and other metrics and success criteria for all marketing programs and activities.
- Champion and implement strategies to consistently drive customer value, improve customer relationships, satisfaction, retention and loyalty.
- Map the customer journey from lead to cash and identify opportunities to proactively intervene on customers’ behalf.
- Develop listening points in the customer journey, define segmentation of the customer base and varying strategies identifying opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Guide the team in the effective resolution of customer issues and handle any escalations.
- Lead continuous improvement in customer service culture to ensure that MainOne and its employees exemplify optimal service delivery at all times.
- Collect, analyze, and interpret customer data and feedback to identify requirements and information for optimizing customer experience.
- Utilize CRM, portals and other digital tools to enhance customer experience and relationship management processes.
- Measure and track the Company’s Net Promoter Score (NPS) and churn rates; and implement initiatives to consistently improve these metrics.
The HMCE will also:
- Serve as the Company’s main brand promoter and ensure that key initiatives and programs consistently reinforce and renew its corporate brand value and identity.
- Ensure continuous review and assessment of the effectiveness and efficiency of the department’s policies, procedures and processes and identify improvement opportunities.
- Prepare and monitor the department’s annual budget.
- Manage the hiring and training of Marketing and Customer Experience personnel to ensure effectiveness.
- Monitor and stay abreast of industry, local and global developments, trends and events to ensure that the Company is able to maintain and sharpen its competitive positioning and advantage.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer.
The responsibilities defined above span across the business across West Africa and International markets.