The IT Service Desk Manager’s role is to ensure that end users are receiving the appropriate assistance. This includes the responsibility of managing all procedures related to identification, prioritization and resolution of incidents, including the monitoring, tracking and coordination of Service Desk functions.
He or she will be responsible for planning, designing, and analyzing the organization’s service desk according to best practices, while ensuring high levels of customer service quality and availability. This individual will recommend, develop, implement, and oversee policies and procedures to ensure consistent service levels and quick resolutions.
The job holder will also manage service process design, performance analysis, develop proactive resolution plans and contribute to escalated problem resolution by giving in-person, hands-on support to end users where necessary.
Specific responsibilities include the following;
Strategy & Planning
· Develop Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to establish problem resolution expectations and timeframes.
· Develop policies and procedures that outline how problems are identified, documented, assigned and corrected.
· Analyze performance of Service Desk activities and documented resolutions, identify problem areas, and devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service and to prevent future problems.
· Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols and standards in support of service desk technology procurement and development efforts.
· Liaise with vendors for the procurement of new systems technologies; oversee installation and resolve adaptation issues.
· Manage the processing of incoming calls to the Service Desk via both telephone and e-mail to ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution of end user issues.
· Develop and enforce request handling and escalation policies and procedures.
· Track and analyze trends in Help Desk requests and generate statistical reports.
· Assess need for any system reconfigurations (minor or significant) based on request trends and make recommendations.
· Identify, recommend, develop and implement end user training programs to increase computer literacy and self-sufficiency.
· Oversee development and communication of help sheets, usage guides and FAQs for end users.
· Oversee the development, implementation and administration of service desk staff training procedures and policies.
· Train, coach and mentor Service Desk Technicians and other junior staff.
· Manage the overall desk activities and staff.
· Contribute to escalated problem resolution by giving in-person, hands-on support to end users when necessary.
· Attend Change Advisor Board (CAB) meetings.
· Monitor incident trends and anticipate potential problems for proactive
B.Sc./HND in the field of computer science, electrical/electronics
5+ years’ work experience in IT service desk and support role
Certification in ITIL V3, MCSE/MCSAExtensive application support experience
Extensive knowledge of computer hardware, including troubleshooting.
Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities. Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including Win7,8.1, Windows 2008 server etc.
Familiarity with the advanced principles of ITIL, ITSM
Proven track record of developing and providing SLAs and Service Desk deliverables.
Demonstrated progressive experience in the management of a technical support team.
Understanding of the OSI model and knowledge of TCP/IP
Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX ERP and SharePoint platform
Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
Solid relationship management and performance management skills.
Ability to motivate and direct staff members and subordinates.
Strong customer service orientation.
Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills.
Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
Highly self-motivated and directed.
Keen attention to detail.
Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment