The IP Engineer will be responsible for designing, integrating and implementing IP based services on the Main One network.
Other responsibilities include:
- Providing innovative network solutions and engaging OEMs when required.
- Driving the MainOne IPv6 strategy
- Network design, planning, administration and maintenance.
- IP multicast setup and IOS-XE, IOS-XR router deployments
- Ensuring knowledge transfer for level-1 IPNOC.
- Troubleshooting and resolving WAN/LAN connectivity issues.
- Managing bandwidth of the IP backbone for optimal performance.
- Performing routine checks and maintenance on all network elements.
- Routing protocol troubleshooting experience in a large scale network (BGP, IS-IS OSPF, EIGRP)
- Strong experience configuring and troubleshooting Cisco routers and switches.
- Monitoring of network elements and ensuring prompt repair and restoration of all faulty/down sites/links.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of network equipment such as routers, switches and firewalls like Cisco ASA, Fortigate
- Exploring existing knowledge base and make recommendation to improve systems, solutions and processes