The TX Ops Engineer will be responsible for the day to day operations of the MainOne terrestrial network comprising of network elements such as Huawei OSN series, Dragon Wave HC & HC+, Ubiquiti MW, Ceragon IP 10 & IP 20G MW, ECI equipment (BG 20, BG 30 & NPT 1200), RAD Metro Ethernet Equipment (ETX 5300, 220, 203) and Huawei GPON equipment (OLT MA 5603T & 5600T, ONU & ONT) within and outside Lagos metropolis. In addition, he/she will be responsible for the following:
- Troubleshooting and resolution of 1st and 2nd level network related problems.
- Respond to and resolve SDH, Metro Ethernet, OTN, GPON & MW networks issues within the timeframe of severity level agreements.
- Review and execute RPRs (re-provision requests) on DragonWave HC+, Huawei OSN series (especially OSN3500, OSN500 & OSN8800) and ECI box (BG-20, BG-30, MPT 1200) RAD box ( ETX ETX 5300, 220, 203) GPON platforms (OLT MA 5603T & 5600T, ONU & ONT) with minimal supervision
- Support all aspects of the network management process assuring requests, implementation, and problems are delivered as required with no impact to the global communications.
- Deploy and document changes in accordance with problem and change management process
- Participate in managing projects introduced by engineering team assuring full implementation and documentation standards are adhered to. Complete the projects objectives within timelines.
- Able to interpret, review and implement PDH, SDH, GPON, Metro Ethernet networks designs from the core network planning team.
- Perform most effective approach to restore, recover, or alterconfigurations, logical or physical, to maintain service integrity
- Ensure that Main One’s global and metro fiber network documentation is always accurate and up to date.
- A working knowledge of microwave transmission and must have undergone a mid-level training in optical and wireless networks with focus on SDH/PDH/GPON/Metro Ethernet/ OTN/IP transmission standards/protocols and their applications.
- Basic understanding of quality of service and network management concepts with respect to transmission networks is a must.
- Good knowledge of the Nigerian telecommunication market and/or experience working in a telecommunications environment
- Ability to interpret topography, network design maps and AutoCAD Designs.
- Ability to use E-Analyzer, SDH Analyzer and other signal testing tools/instrument without supervision.
- Knowledge of a vendor network management system
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Time management skills
- Team work abilities
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Solid foundation in electronics theory
- Demonstrated mastery of telecommunication industry standards, dimensioning transmission network element systems, ITU, and ANSI/ETSI etc